Yeah, I went to New York City and it was a total gluttony fest. Do you want the bad news or the good news first? The good news is that I didn't gain ALL 6 pounds that I had lost back. The bad news is that I did gain 2 of them back. Hey look, I'm back at 221 AGAIN. Are you starting to think that I'm NEVER going to get past the first 6 pounds because I'm starting to think so! I will say, though, that 2 pounds is pretty gracious given that I ate SO MUCH AMAZING food for FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT!!! I guess all of the walking in NYC does pay off. It wasn't quite enough to overcome the Magnolia Bakery cupcakes I'm afraid. But who cares! Those are the best cupcakes KNOWN to humankind, and I got to eat them...several of them...yes, I said several. We had the best trip ever, and if I had to have a setback, I'll take it!
The trick now is getting back on the wagon! I hate the wagon. And I hate getting back on it. But, I did drag myself to the gym this morning. I did not, however, eat well AT ALL today. I think I thought I was still in New York. Tomorrow is a new day, though. And I have decided that I'm going to TRY HARDER and DO BETTER.
For those of you who are still with me on this journey, thank you!! I know it's getting pretty annoying watching me gain and lose the same pound for weeks in a row with no real movement forward. What you need to know is that I am in a battle with my will, and that is such a tough one to win. I am strong-willed! And I want my way. Most all of the time. What a big baby I am.
Tomorrow, I'm going to deny myself something that I want. I don't know what it will be yet because I'm not there in that moment when the thing (whatever it may be) comes whispering my name, pleading, begging for me to eat it! I'm not going to. I'll let you know how this turns out. I know you're probably thinking this sounds completely ridiculous. But if you think about it long enough, I'm sure you can come up with something in your own life that you struggle to say NO to...mine just happens to be a stupid Hostess cupcake that I don't even want. Yes, I ate a Hostess cupcake today trying to fill my desire for another one of those dang Magnolia Bakery cupcakes. It did not measure up. It just called to me, and I answered because that's what I do. Because that's what I've always done. And this my friends is where the CHANGE has to occur. And it feels like an uphill battle ALL THE FREAKIN' WAY!!! Because it is. But I will succeed. I have to. I've got life to live and new clothes to wear and airplane seats to fit more comfortably into! :) Don't give up on me. More importantly, pray that I don't give up on myself! Thanks...
10/01/2008
Weigh-In Wednesday aka "Ooops, I did it again..."
Posted by Holly at 10/01/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Bon, you are doing great! And I will be the first to tell you that Magnolia is totally worth the two pounds. :) I am proud of you!!!
Love, Bonnie
I so hear ya, sista! I have gained and lost the same 10 pounds for probably 2.5 months. It was driving me INSANE! And I think it is important to have splurge weekends. And I also think it is important to get back on the wagon after splurge weekends. You have done both those things, so in my unprofessional opinion, you are doing great! :)
I really don't anyone can resist all the wonderful food that NYC has to offer! Glad that it was fun and keep on keeping on! :)
You're doing great and don't let the minor (yes, MINOR) setbacks get you down. You've got the right attitude by taking small steps and tackling something you want today and saying "NO!" I know you've got the will power to do it. :)
Holly,
Vacations are meant to have splurges, so I don't think 2 lbs. is so bad. I do agree that the hard part is getting back on the wagon, but I know you can and will do it. I am behind you 100%.
Love you,
Judy
I'm still with you- ALWAYS! Missed our walk on Monday, but so glad you had a great time on your vacay. LOVE YOU!!
OK...first of all i want you to know that i am still here cheering you on!! i will NOT give up on you, and i really don't want YOU to give up on you! so--a 2 lb. gain is acceptable if you are on a fabulous trip to NYC! when you're back in the real world (aka arlington, tx) know that the things you want most cost you. and, what you want most is to be healthy and to lose some weight. you know the cost (hard work, giving up something yummy, etc.)is worth more than the temporary pleasure! all this is NOT a nag; it's my peptalk and my desire for you to believe in yourself!!! remember the alamo! remember magnolia cupcakes! whatever... shout your battle cry! CHARGE!!!
xoxo
we're all behind you 100%. you can do it!
You are doing great--don't forget about what you HAVE lost! Keep it up, and we are all rooting for you!
Somehow, I randomly found your blog. And I'm so glad I did!
My highest was 227 pounds. I got off the wagon for 37 weeks to grow a brand new human being.. and after getting back on, I'm at 167.5, which is 8.5 pounds below my former 'low' and my pre-pregnancy weight, of 176. It's HARD work for me and always has been.
Anyway, if *I* can do it - you TOTALLY can. So hang in there!
Post a Comment