8/19/2008

"Shamu"...aka My Monthly Visitor

So I feel like Shamu the killer whale today. My monthly visitor has arrived and is in full attack mode! I say Shamu the whale because I am so incredibly BLOATED. I looked like a hippo zipped up in an envelope in the pants that I wore today...the ones that just last week were fitting LOOSELY! The killer whale part comes in too because I have been unusually GRUMPY. You know that kind of grumpy where you're annoying to yourself, but you just can't stop! I think my husband was about ready to turn me in for a new model yesterday.

Why, you might ask, do I feel the need to tell you about my menstral woes? Well friends, it's because I want to notify you that I have decided to reserve one week of the month that I do not have to post my weight on here. I get discouraged pretty easily, and to see a gain that I know is just due to getting "Sham-oooed" is going to put me in the dumps. So, I'm just not gonna get on the scale when I have "the visitor".

I will tell you, though, that I have had a very good week. I have made it to the gym each day (except for Sunday) since my last weigh-in. I have been cooking our meals at home for the most part and have have not had any REAL Coke. So, it's possible that I could jump on the scale in the morning and see a good result. But given the fact that my bra almost snapped off its hinges today while I was working out, I'm pretty sure there's been a gain.

I do want you all to know, though, that this will be my only excuse. In the beginning, I promised to post my weight whether good or bad. And on normal weeks (normal meaning the weeks when I could NOT double as a flotation device), I will post! Promise! Even when there's a gain...which there will be. But, at this point to see a gain due to period bloating will not be helpful to me at all.

Thanks for your continued encouragement! I love it! I need it! So please keep it coming!!!

9 comments:

Meggan and Trent said...

You make me laugh right out loud. Seriously. Hope you enjoyed your boiled chicken. :)

Sydney said...

Oh my goodness, you are too much! Hey, you should go check out your blog's namesake for the occasion. Yes, I am giving a shoutout to "Are you there God? It's me Margaret" :)

Sara said...

Hi, this is Sara Christy Hedgecock's friend. Thanks for the comment, and yes it does take lots of guts to discuss weight issues and give numbers! I will be reading your blog and would love to be an encouragement to you. Know that I will be praying for you as you travel this journey.

nancy said...

hilarious holly!
i logged on to see if you had any tuesday p.m. "pre-weigh in" comments...well, yeah! you made me LOL!!! and who of all your female friends can't relate to feeling like a "flotation device" at one time or another?! i feel sure that your ability to laugh (at yourself, no less) will burn extra calories, and that next week you will get your pay-off! in the meantime, cheers to you! keep up the good work!
xoxo

Melisa said...

Hi there! I snuck over from Sara's blog. Hope you don't mind! I think you just about wrote my story. I'm 5 ft 8 in, I'm 31, and I started out at 225. So, I feel ya, sista! I really truly do. You can do this! If you want to check out my weight loss blog, not nearly as amusing as your stories, then let me know!

Anonymous said...

H - You crack me up! The only consolation that I've even found in weighing in during *that* week is that the next week really shows a change! Plus, it helps to maintain the habit. I completely understand the idea of getting frustrated easily though [she says while eating a Tootsie Roll at 9 AM]. Keep up the awesome work at the gym! Your track record there is fantastic! :)

Kim and Eric said...

Hots, you are too funny. I laughed so hard at your words today. Keep it up! You are doing great! Much love, Kim

Anonymous said...

Holly,

I just checked in on your blog this morning, and you made by day -LOL!!! I'm still 100% behind you, and I'm so proud of your dedication and courage to do this. You ABSOLUTELY should NOT weigh in when Shamu is visiting!

When this journey is over, I think you should write a novel - it would be Hilarious!!

Keep up the good work and call me when you want to meet for a "healthy" lunch.

Love you,

Judy

Anonymous said...

I remember those "old" days!! Just let me tell all you girls that there are SOME things about getting a bit "older" that are definitely better! And not having to deal with SHAMU is definitely one of those things! Keep on trucking, Sis!-----Your Mom