8/06/2008

And we're off...

Thanks to everyone for your incredibly sweet comments on here and emails. There's nothing better than encouragement from sweet friends and family. So, I've busted out with this blog...and I really don't know for sure what form it's going to take. I've read many weightloss blogs. Some are daily rantings about how much it sucks to be fat. Some are all about how you can make typical fatty foods really healthy. Well I'm sorry, but no cupcake I eat is going to incorporate broccoli. I'm pretty sure that's not the direction this blog is headed.

I think I'm looking at a weekly "Weigh In Wednesday" to track progress, and probably some comments about how things are going for me along the way. Also, I'm going to choose one outfit that I'll wear for the weekly picture. And no...it's not going to be as one person suggested the bikini I'd like to be able to fit into someday. "You can shrink into it!", I was told. Yeah, and scare the crap out of my readers. So, I guess you can definitely expect at least one update a week...fully clothed I promise. And yes,I will post whether I lose, gain or stay the same.
Thanks again for being such great support for me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invitation to share in this journey! You are going to do great because you have the right focus - your health. If I were there I'd tell you to come shake it in my Zumba class - Muevelo! Call me any time you're struggling to make a good choice and I'll tell you why it's worth it. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly.... just saw your first entry, you are such an inspirational person! Best of luck.

Two Sisters said...

From the inside to the outside, you are a beautiful gal! So brave and so real...thanks for letting me peak in on your journey:). I'll be checking back weekly for sure!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

You really are beautiful just the way you are, but I know you want to be healthier, and have more fun shopping! I feel the same way. I lost about 25 lbs after I had Ava just by moving more and eating less/healthier, and it felt good. Unfortunately I didn't finish what I started before I got pregnant with this baby, so my weight loss is on hold. But I'll be cheering for you, and I know you'll be an inspiration for me & anyone else who reads this blog!

Sydney said...

Oh, come on- doesn't everyone enjoy a good ol' black bean brownie or sneak ground up fiber one into your rice krispie treats and haystacks?

Allison Nelson said...

I did try the deceptively delicious brownies with broccoli (I think that is what the surprise was). I took one bite and had to spit it out. For some reason, Emma (my picky eater) wanted more.

Holly said...

Yes! My sister cooked those brownies with broccoli (or maybe it was cc cookies). All I've got to say is that they were Deceptively DISGUSTING! Syd...Fiber One is a short lived treat. Short lived since it's only a minute before you'll see it again. :)

nancy said...

hi there, dear cousin holly!
your new blog is one of the most courageous, inspirational things i can think of! i am so very proud of you, and i am completely supportive of anything you do to restore your health and vitality! you have made me take a good look at myself, and i, too, am evaluating some choices in my life! you go, girl!!! the best is yet to be! i love you and wish you tremendous success! (and a little humor along the way makes it all the better!!! you crack me up!)
xoxo