8/13/2010

I still have some FIGHT left in me...

I went through a ton of pictures that I have stored in our computer earlier this week.  I didn't see even ONE picture of myself that I liked.  That made me feel sad...but motivated.  As tired as I thought I was of being overweight when I started this blog, I am WAY MORE tired now.  It just seems impossible to me that I'm still sitting here at 225 pounds.  I feel sick to my stomach when I think of all of the false starts, all of the times that I got going only to give up, all of the giving in, all of the "Well, just this bite won't hurt", all of the sitting back and LETTING food rule my life.  It just makes me want to fall down and cry my eyes out.  But I know that won't do me any good at all.  I've got MAJOR WORK to do.  And do you want to know why?  It's because I need to be in better health so that I can try to have a baby (or maybe a baby) next year! 

I've been motivated by many things in the past...having better health, looking good for me, looking good for my husband, feeling better, less aches and pains, wearing my smaller clothes, and the list goes on.  But THIS, my friends, the desire to have a baby, makes me want to get on that treadmill and not get off until next May!  It's not that I feel so happy or excited about the job ahead of me, and believe me, it IS A JOB TO LOSE WEIGHT.  No, I don't like it one bit! I've heard it said before, though, that continuing to do what you've always done and expecting different results is the definitition of insanity.  And that's what I've been living...insanity.

And I don't want to live this way anymore.  Allowing food to have control over me is not working out well.  It's robbing me in so many ways.  It steals my:
1.  peace.
2.  times of intimacy with my precious husband.
3.  desire to walk more closely with God.
4.  energy.
5.  desire to go out and have FUN!
6.  confidence.
7.  ....and so much more.

And it gives me in return:
1.  anxiety.
2.  insecurity.
3.  exhaustion.
4.  sadness.

I don't know how I'll do this.  Right now, it seems impossible, but I KNOW it's not.  So I just need for those of you who might read this post to pray for me.  When you see me, please know that I'm in the midst of a BATTLE, and that I need encouragement.  On my face, you will find a smile and laughter 97% of the time, but if you could see inside of me, you would know that I am terrified.  I'm terrified of DOING THIS (and by "this", I mean making changes that involve loosening my grip on the food which has been my comfort and solace for so long.  When I think it all the way through, though, I'm more terrified of NOT DOING THIS.

So when you think of me, please lift me up in your prayers. I'll be over here FIGHTING!!

Thank you so very much.

7 comments:

Mallie&Brandon said...

fight, fight, fight!!!

Aggie99 said...

I believe in you and your inner strength to take on this battle with everything that you've got. One of the many things that I love about you is your honesty with this blog. Although you haven't been writing lately, when you do, you put your whole heart and soul out there. You let us into an extremely private part of your life. It's very brave of you.

Know and take comfort that there are so many people cheering you on during this fight!

Hugs!

Jill said...

I'm so proud of you, Hots! Let's make a date and go walking as soon as it isn't so hot. I need to get heatlhy after having Margaret and pushing strollers would be some awesome practice ;)

Kim and Eric said...

Love you Hots and praying for you each step of the way! Maybe when I'm in town we can go to Sublette Park for a walk and some laughs! You can do it!!!! I know you can!

nancy said...

hey there, cousin hotsie!
LL told me you were back at this blog .always know that i affirm you and i support your desire to be the best you can be. love you so! i promise to be one of your greatest cheerleaders! YOU CAN DO IT!!! yea! holly!!!
xoxo

Allison Nelson said...

PRaying, praying, praying and wishing I was in TX to walk with you like the good old days. SO, get on it, so we can get a "Little Holly" here soon! :) Love you!

Lisa said...

Hey Sweet Friend....you know my thoughts. So much of weight loss is being ready mentally. You can absolutely do this. I will pray for you on this journey. Love you always :)