Just wanted to update and say that I made it to the gym this morning for the first time in I don't know how long...a while! It's so easy to get out of the habit. I was reading something talking about forming habits. The guy was saying that rather than trying to keep up with which day you did something, you should just do it EVERY DAY. He was speaking of many things like reading the Bible, exercising, watching your food, etc. I can see how this might be valuable to me if I could just learn how to do a little bit EVERY DAY towards my overall goal. Don't know why it's so incredibly hard for me. I guess it's not just me. It's hard for everyone. And I know I just have to buck up and MAKE GOOD CHOICES!! It's just like how my sister has to tell my little 4 year-old nephew, "Make good choices!" Great...I'm still like a 4year-old!
2/09/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Awesome, girl! You are on a roll!
Holly,
I think we ALL have problems changing lifelong habits!! Making good choices sounds so easy, but it's soooooo much harder than we think! I remember years ago, there was a group of people from the Maverick who starting running together. They asked me to run with them, and I kept saying "No, I hate running." I finally agreed to go one time, and I still hated it. They kept calling and bugging me, so I would go "one more" time. That "one more time" ended up turning into a month, and by then, I was hooked on running! I don't run now (I think old age has set in & I have more aches & pains), but I do still exercise.
You WILL get there!!!
Love ya,
Judy
Hots - it's not so bad to be reminded of what we say to a 4 year old. I think as adults we forget the important things.
- Be polite
- Be gentle
- Say thank you
- Be on your best behavior
- Be thankful for what people are willing to give to you, regardless of whether or not you want it
- Eat your vegetables
- Go outside and play instead of watching TV
- Enjoy being silly
- Smile
- Appreciate the small things
- At the end of your day, be so exhausted from the joy of those small things that you sleep like a baby
Sending you much love,
Jenny
Hey girlie! Just thought I'd see how you are doing. Hugs! :)
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going ~ Jim Ryun ~
This is my hope for you! God will motivate you and in trun you will make a healthy habit in this life :)
Hots---I'm so glad to see that you are getting back your verve!!!
Hope you take me to the track with you!!
Love, Your Momma
Post a Comment