1/07/2009

Weigh-In Wednesday...aka A Christmas Miracle

It truly is a miracle, everyone! I weigh 225 today. Yes, that is the same that I started at 20+ weeks ago, but if you knew all the "fun" that I ate during the holidays, you would realize that it's nothing short of amazing that I didn't gain like 10 pounds. That is what I was expecting when I went to face the scale this morning for the first time in ages. I think God just knew that if there was any further discouragement, I might not be able to recover from it and turn myself around! So, today I am THRILLED with 225. Thrilled. There's a sentence I never thought I'd say!

I'm doing well this week so far. Amazingly, my heart does still beat even without Cokes! I really thought they were a lifeline! I have had a couple of headaches, but nothing too terrible. We've bought stock in Crystal Light. Doug is doing well too because they make fresh tea at his office each morning, and they they have an excellent ice machine! So, we're surviving!

Didn't make it to the gym this morning, but will go this afternoon. Cooking dinner tonight, and making lunches for tomorrow...so we're getting into a good little pattern here.

Thanks for all of the love, support and encouragement! It means so much to me, and is such an incredible help to my journey. Love you all...

3 comments:

Mrs said...

Hooray for 225, and hooray for your positive outlook!

I was hoping you wouldn't have a headache from the coke withdrawals.

Melisa said...

I told you calories don't count at Christmas. ;) KIDDING! Yeah for renewal!

nancy said...

good morning, holly! happy new year! i've neglected reading your blog for some time, so i'm glad BOTH of us are back on-track! i think the "no coke plan" will be a huge boost to you! and kudos to doug for his great support! i love you, and i want to support and encourage you 100%. :-)
xoxo